Sunday, February 15, 2015

Moving Forward


The last 3 months of our lives have been interesting. 

The holidays have come and gone. 

We've celebrated Dru's gotcha day in our own way. 

We've begun a new year. 

We've worked, gone to school. Carried on. 

We've been OK. Probably more OK than I expected us to be without our girl. 

We have cried and missed her and talked about her everyday. 

I think I hit my personal rock bottom on New Year's Eve. But looking back, it was necessary to be able to move forward. 

We have been shown many tender mercies along the way to help us heal. 

Among these tender mercies was a Remebrance Run for Dru that was organized for our family yesterday. This event tipped the scales for me into being better than OK--

Yesterday's run was a celebration of Dru and honestly I didn't know what to expect going into this. But it was amazing and ...HAPPY...and just what I needed. 

I woke up this morning with a feeling of peace that I haven't had since we knew how sick Dru was. It's like I've realized that I can miss her and mourn her, but be joyful at the same time. 

I'm actually grateful for the depth of my lows because my highs are the highest. And there are so many highs in my life--they far outnumber the lows!!!!


I want to move forward appreciating every little thing and soaking up every minute I get with those I love.

 That's what Dru taught me. 

Don't ever feel bad for loving too much, or feeling too much--there's no such thing.  





2 comments:

  1. Love this, and so glad the run was a happy day for you. We've been thinking of you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I had no idea what the run would mean for you, but I felt like it was something, some way I could serve your family. Thank you so much for agreeing to it. It was a wonderful morning!

    ReplyDelete