Friday, August 1, 2014

Dress Rehearsal

As far as dress rehearsal's go--WE NAILED IT!!!!!

Dru was a champ all day. 

Through all the IV's, chest X-rays, vital signs, and fasting, she was an absolute champ. 

Today was crazy emotional. I was on the verge of giddy and near tears the entire time. 

I was so excited at the thought of a recovered Dru. A Dru that can sit and roll over and play without getting exhausted. 

I was grieving for the family of the donor as we learned the few details we were allowed to know. 

I was anxious at the thought of that moment before surgery when they take Dru from my arms. 

I was anticipating the moment I would see her in PICU. Recovering, yet hooked to so many wires and tubes I wouldn't know where to touch her. 

So when were told at t-minus 2 hours til the procedure that the liver was not ideal, it felt like a punch to the gut. 

But only for a minute. 

It was awesome to see how every person on our "team" only wants the best for our girl, and were not willing to settle. 

It was reassuring that they have confidence we will be returning soon. 

It was just plain AWESOME to be lifted up by the prayers and kind words of family, friends and strangers. 

That is what I am most grateful for this day. Those prayers and wishes, or whatever you want to call it, were granted today. 

My beautiful fighter deserves the best and that's what we will keep aiming for. 

My heart is full of gratitude, hope, love and peace. Our adventure is meant to continue. For what reason? We may never know. Maybe to help others become more aware of organ donation, or someone who is struggling can relate. I know I have grown so much these past few months, and I probably have more to learn. This experience has been a life-changer for sure. 

For now we will keep on keeping on, and treasuring all that life has to offer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment