Saturday, August 2, 2014

Positives

I just wanted to make sure that I remember the positives from yesterday, because there were actually quite a few. 

1) I absolutely love, love, love our liver team. Dr. Jensen, Barb, Sharon, Holly, Zack, and 2 or 3 new people we met yesterday. All are amazing and talked us through everything. 

2) Kim Phillips. He was our nurse coordinator who has held our hand since day one. He took a new position at  U of U recently, but he still took the time to send me an email yesterday. And in typical Kim style, he knew exactly how many days we'd been listed. 154 days if you're curious. 

3) every single family member that lives close offered to take my boys for as long as needed. They stayed with Bill's sister this time. I know when the transplant really happens, everyone will get a turn. 

4) speaking of Bill's sister--when we dropped the boys off, Kim had a sack and a cooler full of food and drinks for us. So thoughtful. 

5) the number of texts and messages offering prayers and good wishes just floored me. A few people mentioned they were wearing their "I Believe in Magic" shirts for good luck. 
6) we also learned that Dru can tolerate going without food really well. She didn't get cranky at all. So I will have less anxiety about that the next time. 

Also, I just have to say I have an amazing support system. My family, my friends, people we've never met. In fact, another liver mom had a stuffed pony sent to our room for Dru. So sweet. 

And another awesome show of support this morning-- my family, my parents and my brother had all signed up to do a fundraiser 5k for organ donation this morning. Our little family was exhausted after yesterday, but my parents and brother still went to represent Little Miss Magic. I sure love you guys. 




1 comment:

  1. It was a great event and helped our hearts and souls. We feel helpless but hopeful.

    ReplyDelete