Monday, August 11, 2014

Ups and Downs Continued

Got a phone call from our doctor today. After Dru's blood labs yesterday, her PELD is back down to 19. 

Probably because of all the albumen she has been given through IV's lately. 

I hate that I was disappointed. 

I should be happy that she's stable. But I selfishly think that I don't know how much longer I can feed her through a tube and function on so little sleep. 

The answer, of course, is that I will do it for as long as I have to. 

It's just a downer to think that just 10 days ago we were sitting in a hospital room waiting for her surgery. 

Life is crazy. 

But on a positive note, we finally have a date for our adoption finalization. We have been waiting longer than usual because the birth father has disappeared. We are hoping that won't be an issue with the judge 😁

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you guys and praying for you. And congrats on the adoption finalization. Hope it all goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete