Sunday, October 5, 2014

Countdown

Life seems full of countdowns. 

Countdown til Christmas. Countdown til birthdays, vacations, date night, due dates....

I wish there was a definite date I could countdown to for Dru's liver. 

But nobody can tell you a specific day. You just get your hopes up every time the phone rings. 

So instead of a countdown I'm counting up. 

I love to run and workout but I have put it on the back burner here of late and my body and soul have grown heavier because of it. So I have challenged myself (and anyone who wants to join me) to run at least a mile a day til Drus transplant. Or if I don't run, at least make a deliberate effort to move in some way. 

Today is day 7 and I have to say it's been a nice distraction to get that run in everyday. Sometimes Dru has even joined me. 
Another fun side benefit of challenging myself is seeing others that have joined me. 
My family, and friends, and people I have never met on Facebook and instagram. I'm hoping that with every post that is hashtagged with #running4herlife or #movingformissmagic that we are bringing more awareness to biliary atresia and organ donation. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the SMChallenge group and found your blog from your profile. That baby is the prettiest thing, that smile just melts my heart! I will be continuously praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete