Wednesday, March 26, 2014

6 months old!!!

Little Miss Magic turned 6 months old yesterday. We celebrated by getting her immunizations :P

Seriously though, this day was a personal milestone for me. It marks the day that Dru has been in our home the same amount of time as she was able to be with her birthmom. I love that Dru's first three months will always be a part of her story, but I would be lying if I said I didn't want to be the mom who knows more about her. Selfish I know, but it is what it is. 
Look at that beautiful belly. I hope someday soon she'll be sporting a beautiful, life-saving scar on that belly. And again, I'm showing my selfish side. I had secretly hoped I could be her living donor and share that beautiful scar with her.  I felt like somehow that bond would make me more her "real" mom. I know, I know--I AM HER MOM!! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Dru was meant to be a member of our family. 

The possibility of a living donor has been ruled out altogether. I have mixed feelings about this. 1) I'm relieved that someone does not have to put themselves through a hard surgery to save my girl. 2) I'm extremely sad that someone else's family has to lose a loved one (a baby) to save my girl. THAT is something I will probably struggle with my whole life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment