Monday, March 24, 2014

A Thankful Heart

Our fundraiser campaign ended last night. I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the love shown to my family. And it's not about the money. 

So many kind words and prayers offered. I am looking forward to the shirts being delivered. If you are on Facebook please tag me in any pictures of you wearing them. If you are on Instagram use the hashtag #ibelieveinmagic. I would love to have a collection of pictures to show Dru one day of all the people that loved and supported her through this adventure. 

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!!

We had a clinic visit at Primary's today. It was the easiest visit so far. No fasting, no sedation. Only one vial of blood and a visit with the newest member of our family, Dr. Jensen. 

Her PELD score went up by one, so she is now a 17. The closer she gets to 40 the higher she is on the transplant list. 

She also gained one pound so no feeding tube yet. We are stubborn about not wanting it yet. I think Bill and I don't want her to look like a sick baby for as long as possible. 

The only bad news we got today was that the option of a living donor won't work for Dru. She has a clot in her liver that has made it necessary for her to only be able to receive a whole liver that's the right size. This means another baby has to die in order for mine to live. The reality of that really hurts. How do I ever repay a family for a gift like that?

One thing I do know is I am a donor and so is Bill. If you are not a donor, please consider it. You never know when you might be able to save a member of a stranger's family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment