Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Entrusted with a Gift, part 2

Yesterday's post was about the gifts given to us by God, and how we choose to use them. 

My friend, Kortni, has been blessed with the gift of a tender heart. I love that about her. She has got to be, hands down, one of the kindest people I know. I am honored to be her friend. 

Kortni was a large influence in our familiy's decision to adopt. She had invaluable perspective that helped me so much on my journey to bring Dru home. I can never properly thank her for that. 

She had been down the adoption path twice before I met her,  and being able to talk to an adoptive mom was priceless. And the fact that she and Dru bonded on sight can only make me love Kortni more. I wish I had a picture of them snuggling today. They can both use all the comfort they can get.  

She recently started an adoption adventure for the third time. Being the tender heart she is, Kortni poured everything into this baby girl from the beginning. That will always be a part of this little girl's story, Kortni. I know it. 

Unfortunately, this adventure did not have the happy ending we all hoped and prayed for. My heart breaks for my friend. But I am so inspired that her tender heart, though broken, is still her greatest gift. Love you, my friend. 

Read more about this amazing woman here loveisallyouneed.me

3 comments:

  1. Andy! I love your thoughts. Keep up the good work. We love you and the rest of your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet words. Even though when it comes to amazing people I think you win them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful post. I love you guys and I'm glad to count you both as my closest friends.

    ReplyDelete