Sunday, June 1, 2014

Dru's Maiden Voyage

Finally!!!! 

We made it to the lake today. In fact, I'm writing this as we float. 

Our family loves to boat.

 The wakeboarding, the wake surfing, the swimming, the sun. 

But mostly I love that my kids are forced to spend time with me. I mean there are not a lot of places for them to escape on a boat. :)
There was a lot of anxiety leading up to this first boating experience with Dru. 

She seems to be easily overwhelmed when she is out of her comfort zone and you never know when she will have a diaper incident that requires all involved to need a bath. 

She hated the life jacket. I mean screaming uncontrollably for a good five minutes kind of hate. 
But she got used to it. In fact she is sleeping so well right now.  If I remember right, the waves had the same effect on B when he was a baby. 

The hardest part of this trip has been how obviously enlarged Dru's belly is. You can actually see the outline of her liver. It makes me hurt. 
On the bright side though, she is stinking adorable in her swimsuit and sunhat. 


Here's to hoping we have many boat outings in our future. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree she is super duper adorable in all her swim gear.

    ReplyDelete