Sunday, June 15, 2014

God Gave me You

Its Father's Day. And I feel so blessed.

My kids' dad is amazing. He loves us all so fiercely. 

He protects us. 

He works for us. 

He prays for us. 

He loves us. 

Today is his day and he has spent it being a daddy. 

It's his day and he has spent it with our kids--letting me be a bit selfish and rest. 

Oh how I love him for it. 

We were outside relaxing while dru was napping. Over the monitor we heard her wake up. Bill was the one to go get her. He didn't know it, but I left the monitor on. 

The way he talks to our girl with such love melts my heart. And I am not ashamed to say that I listened to them bonding with tears pouring down my face. 

He is the only daddy my girl will know. I hope she will grow to realize how lucky she is. 

I gave up long ago on being the favorite parent. My boys have been their dad's shadow since they learned to walk. And I love it. 


I can't wait to see Dru do the same.  

1 comment: