Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Yesterday was Dru's clinic appointment at Primary Children's medical center. I just love that place. There's a spirit there like nowhere else. 
I think that peaceful feeling is lost on Dru when she's getting bloodwork done though. It's never fun, but always necessary. 

Yesterday's visit was pretty standard. 

Go to the blood lab for her standing order of blood tests. 

Ride the elevator to the second floor to the GI clinic. 

Dru screams at me as I undress her to be weighed and measured. 

See our fave doctor, Dr. Jensen. And wait for labs to come back to let us know what Dru's current PELD score is going to be. 

THE GOOD: Dru's score went up by one. She is now at 19!!! 

I love when her score goes up without any negative effects at home. 

She did only gain 3 oz, so we are upping her calories. This means more time on the feeding pump but totally manageable. 

THE BAD: Our nurse coordinator, Kim (who we lovingly call Frazier), is leaving our clinic for an awesome new position at the U of U. 

This is the guy who practically held our hand through the first couple of weeks of learning about this grand adventure we are on. He always answers my crazy emails about what's "normal" or OK. He is extremely intelligent and had a way of explaining things to us so we understood.

"Frazier" will be greatly missed. 

THE UGLY: There is no ugly!!! My babies are the cutest around. 


3 comments:

  1. Penelope screams when I undress her too. Labs are a hit and miss. Some days she plays through it. Others she cries. Your children are all so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie-- I love that you comment so often. It feels good to connect with others in the same situation. I know I love to see how others are living through a similar experience.

      Delete
  2. We agree, cute kidsandif you have to go somewhere for health issues Primary's is the pace to be. We will be spending a lot of time there this summer too...maybe we will run into you.

    ReplyDelete