Wednesday, November 5, 2014

One Fine Day

Today has been crazy. 

Dru had a terrible night and hardly slept. She got a bloody nose in the night and because her clotting time is so terrible it wouldn't stop bleeding. She ended up swallowing a lot of blood and that made her throw up a lot. 

When I called Bill this morning to check on him and Dru he said he was glad I wasn't here because her bed looked like a warzone. They changed her sheets 4 times. 

They have her a transfusion of platelets this morning and replaced her ng tube. They had pulled it at around 2 am because it kept irritating her nose bleed. 

Her increased INR number bumped her score up to 46. We get to keep that for 2 weeks. 

Then on my way up to the hospital, my car died on the freeway. Luckily I was able to get to the side of the road. 

Bill was at the hospital with Dru so I called my brothers to come get me. Bill called the tow truck and my brother let me borrow his car to get to the hospital. 

Once I got here bill went home to the boys. I've never seen him so tired. Poor guy. 

Dru is getting another blood transfusion right now and sleeping great so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment