Sunday, November 2, 2014

Dru's First Halloween

I was so excited for Dru to get dressed up this year. 

B has been saying for months that he wants Dru to be a ladybug for Halloween. 

Being stuck in the hospital made it hard to find her a costume. 

I mentioned this to my friend, Britney, and less than a week later she had whipped up the most perfect ladybug dress you will ever see...

But first we had a renal scan to get done. 
I was really nervous for this test because Dru had to lay in this machine and be still for about 45 minutes. 

She absolutely hates to be held still so my anxiety level was pretty high. They layed her on the little gurney and put weighted pillows on her arms and legs and strapped her in too....

And she rocked it!!!! There was a TV right in front of her face playing baby Einstein and she loved it. 

She held my hand the entire time and almost fell asleep. 
Now it was time to party. 

The hospital had a little carnival and trick or treating in the hallway. B came up after kindergarten to party with us. 
By the time we got back to her room, Dru was worn out and covered in glitter. 

After we got settled, grandma and grandpa kindly offered to stay the night so I could be home with my family for the night. 

Because of this:


I got to enjoy this:







1 comment:

  1. Dru is the most beautiful little ladybug I've ever seen, and that's a pretty cool ninja turtle. Im glad you got to spend time at home with your boys! Grandma's are great!

    ReplyDelete