Friday, April 18, 2014

A Tender Moment

I have no picture. This is not even about Dru. I really just want to get this out because I will never want to forget it. 

Last night was rough. Dru was up ALL night. Very uncomfortable and I had no idea what else to do for her. 

She and I were rocking in her room after changing a diaper and making sure her pump was working. I was frazzled, she was whimpering in her fitful sleep. I was soooo tired. 

At this moment, Bill came in and laid on the floor of the nursery and rubbed my feet. He doesn't know it, but I lost it. I quietly cried out my frustration and felt better for it. He may never know what that moment meant for me, but it's moments like that that gives me the strength to keep going. 

1 comment:

  1. This brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye all at the same time. I just love ya all!

    ReplyDelete