Monday, April 21, 2014

Dru's first Easter

Our Easter was practically perfect. 

Everyone slept in because we were up late the night before. Dru doesn't wake up as often to eat since she has the feeding tube (it's the little things). 

The kids were all up and we began our yearly tradition of following the jellybean trail to the kids' baskets. 

After so much excitement, Dru took a nap so I went on my run. It's good meditation/prayer time for me. Easter is a holiday of hope and I definitely felt renewed hope for our family today. 
We relaxed a bit, then headed to my mom's for dinner and an Egg Hunt. The kids loved it. Dru seems to be much happier now that she is getting more calories, which equals more sleep for all of us. She even let others hold her and that is a big step. 
I am so grateful for the days that we can do our normal routine and traditions. I don't like to think long-term much anymore because that's when the what-if's start calling. We are learning to take each day minute-by-minute. That in itself is a blessing to our family. It's amazing to me how the little things in life make me the happiest. 



2 comments:

  1. Dru looks so good on Bill!! I miss you:( I am sorry about the whole feeding tube...I was reading through your past posts and trying to catch up with you...I get how you are feeling and I am sorry. I see parents in the NICU who are in so much pain, and it is such a long road to acceptance. I am glad you are getting more sleep, and as always, her smile melts me! And...she rocks the feeding tube! Hugs, Candice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candice. I look for you everytime we see the young gunz. We are bound to run into each other sometime this season ;)

      Delete