Tuesday, April 29, 2014

That Hair!!!

When we adopted Dru, one of my biggest concerns was taking care of her hair. And funny enough it was one of  the things her belly mom was most worried about too. I vividly remember her saying "promise me you'll do her hair every night".  And I have. 

Even today when we had to fill a whole pantry shelf with her home health supplies, my biggest job was to make sure her hair was taken care of ;)
So Dru's African-American hair is crazy. But I love it. There are rules to taking care of it. I can only wash it once a week. When I do bathe her and get her hair wet, I have to comb conditioner through it. 
It's crazy long when it's pulled straight. 

Every night I put moisturizer in it and a leave-in conditioner any time during the day when it's looking dry. 
This hair care product line has saved our lives. Seriously makes for a fuss-free night when it comes to hair.   You can find it at curls.biz if you're  interested. They have baby care, girls, and women products. I am a customer for life. 


After I put everything in her hair, I twist it into little curls and let it dry overnight. In the morning I separate it into individual curls and Gracie-Dru can rock a baby fro.  

I am so grateful that at this point in Dru's illness, that my biggest worry is still her hair. It used to really stress me out, but now it's a sign that life goes on as normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment