Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Our Day-to-Day...is pretty awesome.

When I let my mind wander to the coming months in our lives, I get scared.  I get worried. I get quickly, and easily overwhelmed. I mean, a liver transplant is a pretty big deal. 

One thing that I have learned though during this adventure is to take it one day at a time. And our day-to-day is pretty awesome. And by "awesome", I mean pretty normal. Besides an extra medication or two, and her eating and sleeping habits, Dru is your typical 6 month old baby. 

She sleeps, she poops, she eats (not a lot, but often), she's getting teeth, and she's trying to roll if that Buddha belly will let her. 


My day is probably like most moms (although Bill is better than the average husband). I've usually gotten up 2-3 times in the night to feed the baby. Bill gets up at 6:15ish to get Trey ready for school so if Dru gets up about this time, he will feed her and let me sleep. I usually get up around 7 or 8, feed B and Dru breakfast. Then give Dru her morning medicine. And yes, we are sometimes still in our pj's til lunch. 
Dru will usually take a  pretty decent morning nap and that's when I workout. If I don't do it now, I will go to the gym when Bill gets home from work. 

Most days we just hang out at home unless we have dr appointments. And I still visit with friends and go on drink runs as needed. 
 When Trey gets home from school we either have baseball or housework, dinner, tubs, more medicine, then bedtime. 

We are delighting in the "normal" right now. And sometimes I do have to remind myself not to plan around the "what-if's". It's ok to think ahead to summer baseball trips, home improvements (or moving), 
Birthday parties, boating, fitness goals (this is my sanity), maybe an at-home job, Brevin going to kindergarten !!!!  blah, blah, blah...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that everyday is a blessing and we are trying not to take it for granted. We are prepared for what our future holds as best as we can be. We are just taking it all one day at a time, and grateful for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment